My 2016 goals should ideally follow my life goals.
- Front-end developer
- Technical reviewed a book on React
- Reviewed portfolios for the front-end developer program with turing and offered to be a mentor. I also gave a talk here. slides
- Got SAFe Certified
- Continued co-hosting Denver UX. We have gone 12 months, spun up a newsletter and slack channel. Both can be accessed from the Website.
- Gave two talks with general assembly and reviewed portfolios for their UX program. Design Thinking Mobile UX Fundamentals. I also spoke on a few panels about finding a job in Denver, and the state of the UX community.
- Gave talk on Sketching a couple times slides. One time was for a gSchool class
- Worked with Denver library, and Denver public schools to mentor and teach classes on UX and development.
- Did portfolio reviews with CodeCraft
- Gave a talk with Denver Workforce Development slides
- Got engaged
- Randi claims I get a 3.7 for remain calm in frustrating situations... hehe
- I helped someone move, but this year I seemed to help my friends more by picking them up from the airport.
- Still chugging along, need to set some more quantifyable short term goals for this.
- Hiked and ran a fair amount, for the times I rememberd to turn on strava you can check out my data here
- Bierstat, quandy, huron holycross. Also hiked and biked CO Trail section 7
- My Bonzi tree died
- I tried to pack light but as always could have done better. I am sure I can do lighter.
- I guess I need to figure out how to quantify this. I feel like I did pretty good, but like most things I could do better.
- Managed to save a significant portion of my income which will hopefully lead to early retirement.
- Improved and sold a house
- Got a raise
- Update ghost blog to latest version
- Give one talk on front-end web development or prototyping
- Give one talk on design or UX.
- Keep calm in frustrating situations
- Keep helping friends in need
- Get my rep bench up to 135
- Do 3 pull-ups
- Keep on endurance and hike type activities.
- Write 12 things (blog posts, books, etc)
- Travel to Italy and Siesta Keys with only a backpack.
- Keep on saving!