December 29, 2015
What I learned at AEA
- Performance isn't a bolt on addition, its user experience, and it needs to be thought about from the begining
- What will I do: write a blog post
- We can use more exciting layouts, it doesn't NEED to be columns
- Mockup magazines on the web
- Unified UX - Cameron Moll
- Experiences have to be similar, users expect CNN to look like CNN
- Do not say "click this button" sometimes it should be "tap this button"
- Content for zombies
- the theme of this event is definitely about content.
- Content should be broken up into small chunks that are digestible from the presentation layer.
- image of change
- Everyone is customer service
- The idea that you are spending budget to do user testing is really weird, people complaining that about your product... USER THAT feedback
- Have non-customer support people do customer support
- Try and talk to the people doing support as much as possible!
- Being successful isn't a super simple formula, Matt Haughey thinks listening to your customers increases your chances of being successful.